Customer Service Advisor
Tailfin | Bristol | Hourly: Competitive & based on experience | Part-time initially
At Tailfin, we design, engineer and manufacture the technical bikepacking equipment.
Based in the heart of Bristol, we’re a small but growing team of bike lovers who are passionate about the outdoors, innovation and breaking the status quo.
We are looking for an enthusiastic bike-lover, who has a passion for customer service and cares about delivering amazing user experiences.
A technical knowledge of bikes is a must-have, as most of the conversations you’ll be having will be bike related! The right applicant will have to learn the ropes quickly and be eager to work in a quickly growing start-up environment.
Through this part time role, there may be room to grow into a full-time position in due course. You will have a great opportunity to learn about how a modern bicycle business runs and contribute in a big way to how we shape the company moving forwards.
Your typical day…
This will be a hugely varied role, but your main goal will be to assist the team in delivering excellent customer service to our growing community of riders. Your core tasks will include:
- Responding to customer questions relating to our products
- Helping with post-sale queries from customers
- Chasing packages that have not reached their destinations
- Processing returns shipments, actioning refunds via our web-based payment providers
- Developing a keen understanding of our customers, and their desires, and communicating this to the rest of the team
- Repairing, building and maintaining kit for our customers
There will also be opportunities to…
- Develop your knowledge of how a design-based bike company works, and how to bring new products to market
- Help the team develop content through photoshoots, blog writing and other means
- Develop a good understanding of running an e-commerce company, from marketing to operations and everything in between
- Ride your bike with a good group of cycling enthusiasts.
What type of person you are…
- You ‘live’ the Tailfin brand, adventuring/bikepacking/commuting on a regular basis. You must love tarmac, gravel and singletrack riding
- You’re sociable and personable, with an enthusiastic and positive mentality
What experience and skills you might have…
- Previous customer service roles are essential
- Bike maintenance skills or experience will be valued
- You have a keen understanding of bicycle parts and accessories
- Good computer competency
- Good literacy and communication skills
- An ability to organise your own workflow
- A proven team player who is happy to have a go at anything!
What you get back…
- Competitive pay
- Bikepacking equipment to use
- Industry discounts
- Fun, flexible working environment
- Team rides
- You get to talk about bikes all day every day!
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Driving license is desirable
- Must be based in Bristol. The role will be office based at least at the very beginning whilst you learn the ropes. We have protocols in place to ensure it’s a safe working environment with regards to COVID.
Get in touch…
If you are interested, please send us an email – [email protected] – with your CV/Resume and tell us about yourself and why you think you are right for this role.