Which Top Stay length is right for me?
Short Top Stay – Use the below as a general guide:
- with regular (or larger) bike frame sizes (>54cm)
- 100mm or more visible seat post
- no dropper post fitted to your bike
- riders who want maximum aero benefits
Long Top Stay – For riders who feel they will need a little extra space behind the saddle when using the AP20 Trunk Top Bag:
- for smaller bike frame sizes (<54cm)
- less than 100mm visible seat post
- if you have a dropper post fitted to your bike
- saddle positioned far back on its rails
- if you plan to carry items on top of the bag (e.g a sleeping mat strapped to the bag)
Top Stay Dimensions
Below shows an example of the Short vs Long Top Stay, on an XS Cannondale Topstone:
For the full in-depth article on why we created the Long Top Stay, and whether it’s the right choice for you, click here.