Head of Marketing, Web and Digital Media
Tailfin is a new, British, cycling and sports brand that engineers multi-award winning, innovative and disruptive products. Our launch product is the Tailfin Carbon Rack and Waterproof Pannier bags; designed for cycling commuters and tourers to do more with the bike they love. Having just completed an investment round, we are now on a mission to create move incredible products and build the next great British cycling and sports brand!
We are looking for a highly talented Marketeer/Creative/Web/eCommerce Expert that has an entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to work in a start-up environment.
The role is exceptionally broad and will involve everything and anything that will drive revenue and increase the customer base. This could involve working on the website on Monday, tweaking Facebook ads on Tuesday, creating photo and video assets on Wednesday and running an event at the weekend.
We want someone with that rare mix of creative and analytical thinking that can drive our brand forward by creating and sharing amazing content whilst analysing the impact on sales.
What type of person you are…
- Keen interest in outdoors pursuits and ideally a passion for cycling (Road or MTB)
- Entrepreneur mindset, self-starter and JFDI mentality
- Desire to push yourself and hunger to learn
- Eager to work across a broad variety of roles
- Analytical and logical
- Highly creative
- Very strong computer skills
- Sociable and personable
- Great written and verbal English skills
- Keen understanding of bicycle parts and accessories
What your goals will be…
Your goal is to increase revenue, grow the brand and increase our customer base. These are some of the ways in which we see that happening:
- Develop, improve and build the brand – we’re a young company and we have taken our first few steps – take the bull by the horns and make it your own
- Creating incredible content in every type of media format – Photography, video, stories, etc
- Sharing content and market it via: Our own website, Other eCommerce platforms, Email, Social Media, Media outlets, Adverts, Organic search, Events
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of each campaign, learn from the data and feed it back into the next campaign
- Develop a keen understanding of the customer, their desires, wishes and how we can create incredible products so that they can make their own incredible experiences
What experience you might have…
- Creating and working with photos and video to produce creative, desirable, marketable content
- Writing interesting and engaging blogs, posts or content
- Creating Facebook, Google, Twitter or other PPC ads
- Analysing marketing campaign data and the impacts on sales
- Working with a CMS like Shopify, WordPress or others
- Interacting with customers on phones, emails and events
- Growth hacking in eCommerce
- Worked in a start-up where resources, budgets and time are limited
What tools and skills you might need…
- Adobe Products (Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects)
- Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- GSuite, Adwords and Google Analytics
- Facebook ad manager
- Photography or videography
What you get back…
- Competitive salary, bonus and company shares (desire for ownership is preferred over salary)
- You get to work in the cycling industry and make a new, exciting, brand your own!
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Driving license would be useful
- We’re based in Bristol – ideally, you are too
Get in touch
If you are interested, please send us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org - with your CV/Resume and tell us about yourself and why you think you are right for this role.